Pages

17 February 2012

Date Night, Adjunct Style

It may come as a surprise to those who know me that Valentine's Day is not my favorite holiday. Wait...there's a word missing from that sentence. 'Not!' That's the word.

It may not come as a surprise to those who know me that Valentine's Day is not my favorite holiday. See, I prefer to love my wife every day of the year.

Speechless (because I'm lame).
It's not that I'm incapable of romance or smooveness. I have a story or two I could tell, but that would be bragging.

Also, Tuesday is a stupid day for a holiday.

Rather than go into sordid detail about the ghosts of Valentine's Day past, I prefer instead to tell you about what we did this year.

Nothing.

Yet.

You'll recall I work on Tuesday evenings, so we saw each other for about half an hour on Valentine's Day. And I was mostly dead for that. Last night I also volunteered to teach, so that was out. And tonight I agreed to substitute for the department chair, so tonight was out.

I do have plans, but not today.

No boom today. Boom tomorrow.
Tonight, for some reason, was date night. I'll remind you that I was teaching for most of that. Nevertheless, I picked up Chinese food before picking up the wife and driving to class. She had her food before class, I had mine after.

My fortune: "Get you mind set...confidence will lead you on."

Lame.

I'm not even interested in following the Fortune Cookie Etiquette on that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment