Pages

13 December 2011

Delusions of Finality

The funny has been drained from me today.


Today was the first of the two final exams I'm administering this semester. It was preceded by a study session with my college students for their version of the final to be taken on Thursday.

I've got a problem though.

I told the college students that their exam would consist of 10 translations and they would have two hours to do it. The problem is that I gave my grad students an exam consisting of what I thought were 10 easy translations (it only took me 20 minutes to take the exam...) tonight. I thought they'd finish it in about an hour, I'd be able to grade it before heading home, and possibly be home by 9 p.m.

I left at 10 p.m., the exams ungraded.

That it took them three hours is unnerving. I'll have to rethink my plan of attack for Thursday.

Or I won't.

No comments:

Post a Comment